What’s new in version 0.4¶
- Added option to display both the absolute frequency and the percentage of the total for each intersection and category. (#89 with thanks to Carlos Melus and Aaron Rosenfeld)
- Improved efficiency where there are many categories, but valid combinations
are sparse, if
- Permit truthy (not necessarily bool) values in index. (#74 with thanks to @ZaxR)
intersection_plot_elementscan now be set to 0 to hide the intersection size plot when
add_catplotis used. (#80)
What’s new in version 0.3¶
from_contentsto provide an alternative, intuitive way of specifying category membership of elements.
- To improve code legibility and intuitiveness,
sum_over=Falsewas deprecated and a
subset_sizeparameter was added. It will have better default handling of DataFrames after a short deprecation period.
generate_datahas been replaced with
- Fixed the display of the “intersection size” label on plots, which had been missing.
- Trying to improve nomenclature, upsetplot now avoids “set” to refer to the
top-level sets, which are now to be known as “categories”. This matches the
intuition that categories are named, logical groupings, as opposed to
“subsets”. To this end:
generate_data) now names its categories “cat1”, “cat2” etc. rather than “set1”, “set2”, etc.
sort_sets_byparameter has been renamed to
sort_categories_byand will be removed in version 0.4.
What’s new in version 0.2.1¶
- Return a Series (not a DataFrame) from
from_membershipsif data is 1-dimensional.
What’s new in version 0.2¶
from_membershipsto allow a more convenient data input format.
UpSetnow accept a
pandas.DataFrameas input, if the
sum_overparameter is also given.
- Added an
UpSetwhich adds Seaborn plots of set intersection data to show more than just set size or total.
- Shading of subset matrix is continued through to totals.
- Added a
show_countsoption to show counts at the ends of bar plots. (#5)
_repr_html_so that an
UpSetobject will render in Jupyter notebooks. (#36)
- Fix a bug where an error was raised if an input set was empty.